Bullying is behaviour by an individual or a group that is seen by you as an attempt to hurt, frighten, humiliate or threaten you or someone else, particularly if the behaviour is repeated or persistent.
We are committed to providing a caring, friendly, respectful and safe learning environment for all of our students.
We promote an inclusive ethos that focuses on respecting one another and celebrating difference and diversity.
Bullying and prejudice-based language of any kind, involving students, adults towards students, staff or parents are unacceptable and will not be tolerated at our Academy.
As an Academy we will:
- Take bullying seriously when it is reported.
- Support the victims of bullying and help them to feel safe within the Academy.
- Take action against the bully and support them in changing their behaviour.
- Work with parents/carers of any student who is involved in bullying to support and encourage a solution.
- We will involve outside agencies when necessary.
- Either internally or fixed term exclude students who bully and / or do not try to change their behaviour.
As a Student:
- As part of Kettering Science Academy I have a responsibility to help combat bullying by supporting other students.
- I will not discriminate against people on the basis of disability; gender; gender reassignment; race; religion or belief; or sexual orientation.
- I will not intentionally hurt anyone, directly or indirectly, through either emotional, physical or verbal means.
- I will use the internet responsibility and not as a means of bullying, humiliating or intimidating others.
- I will not join in when students are making fun of another student, even if I feel I cannot stop it happening.
- I will not ignore victimisation or bullying.
If I see someone being bullied I will:
- Find a member of staff who I can speak to and report it, or inform the Anti-Bullying Ambassadors.
If I am being bullied:
- I will report it to a member of staff; report it on HelpMe@KetteringScienceAcademy.org ; or use the Anti-Bullying Postbox which is found in the library.
If I display bullying behaviour:
- I accept that my behaviour will have to change with immediate effect.
- I will be listened to and helped as to why I am behaving in this way.
- I will accept support and encouragement to change my behaviour.
- I accept if I continuously bully people I will be punished with either internal or fixed term exclusion.
I will support and adhere to the Kettering Science Academy Anti-Bullying Charter.