In response to student feedback, the pricing structure for lunches changed in September 2019 to allow students to purchase individual items, as well as the fixed meal deals. Prices remain unchanged and this amendment allows the following:
- Maintenance of the meal deal option will remain accessible for all students including Free School Meal students
- Access to quality meals at a cheaper price point for families that are paying for meals – no longer have to pay for a drink and dessert if not required
- Healthier overall offer as we are not encouraging a dessert every day by only offering meal deals
Please click here for the lunch prices. Menus for this term can be found at the bottom of this term, the weeks are as follows:
|w/c 2nd September - Week 1||w/c 30th September - Week 5|
|w/c 9th September - Week 2||w/c 7th October - Week 6|
|w/c 16th September - Week 3||w/c 14th October - Week 7|
|w/c 23rd September - Week 4||w/c 21st October - Week 8|
Morning break snacks and lunch can be bought in the restaurant. The preferred method of payment is online via Wisepay by a debit or credit card. Alternatively, payment can be made in advance by sending in cheque or cash which is electronically loaded onto the student's smart card.
Meal costs are deducted daily. ID cards remain the property of Kettering Science Academy and, if lost, students must purchase a new card from reception at a cost of £3.50. (Loss of the card does not mean a loss of money, as the system does not allow others to use a found card).
Free School Meals
The Academy operates a cashless catering system so students can have their account credited without other children knowing. Free school meals are worth £4.15 a day - £788.50 a year - so it is clearly in the family's interest to take up their entitlement.
If you receive any of the following benefits then your child will be entitled to free school meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (provided that you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income under £16,190
- National Asylum Seekers Support
- Guarantee Element of the State Pension Credit
- The new Employment and Support Allowance (ESA/IR)
You may still be eligible if you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit and have recently reduced your hours to less than 16 hours per week or have become unemployed.
For more information contact the Free School Meal Team on 01604 366656.
School Food Standards Information