Bullying is behaviour that is perceived by anyone as intended to hurt someone either physically or emotionally; commonly the behaviour is repeated and directed from one person (or group) to another person (or group).
Kettering Science Academy is committed to providing a safe learning environment for all of our students.
We promote an inclusive ethos that focuses on celebrating diversity and respecting everybody.
Bullying of any kind involving Students, Staff and / or Visitors is unacceptable and will not be tolerated at Kettering Science Academy.
As an Academy we will:
- Take bullying seriously when it is reported.
- Record a clear and precise account of the incident in a student statement.
- Start an investigation; and all those involved will write a student statement so a record can be kept.
- Support the victims of bullying and help them to feel safe within the Academy.
- Take positive action against the bully and support them in changing their behaviour.
- Work with parents of any student who is involved in bullying to encourage and support a solution.
- Keep parents informed, detailing the incident and explaining the actions taken.
- We will involve outside agencies when necessary, including the Police.
As a Student:
- I have a responsibility to help stop bullying.
- I will treat everyone with respect.
- I will use the internet and all social media platforms responsibly.
- I will not be a bystander and / or ignore any form of bullying.
- If I know someone is being bullied I will find a member of staff and report it immediately.
- I will not intentionally hurt anyone, either directly or indirectly.
- I will not discriminate against anyone on the basis of actual or perceived:
- Disability; gender; gender reassignment; race; religion or belief; or sexual orientation
- including Homophobic; Biphobic and Transphobic discrimination.
If I see someone being bullied I will:
- Find a member of staff who I can speak to and report it, or inform the Anti-Bullying Ambassadors.
As a Student who has bullied:
- I will be offered the opportunity to discuss the incident.
- I will accept that my behaviour has to change immediately.
- I will accept encouragement and support to change my behaviour.
- I accept that all consequences will be used as appropriate including permanent exclusion from KSA.
As a Student who has been bullied:
- I will report it to my chosen member of staff; or I will email HelpMe@KetteringScienceAcademy.org ; or I will use the Anti-Bullying Postbox which is found in the library.
I support and adhere to the Kettering Science Academy Anti-Bullying Charter.