Skip to content ↓

Poppies Players Lift Cup Final Trophy At MK Dons Stadium

Five KSA students were part of the Kettering Town’s Under-12 girls’ team which won the recent MDH Midshires League Cup Final.

Victoria Firman, Jess Firman, Ocean Davies-Dolman, Megan Wilkinson and Erin McNamara

Took part in the final against Corby Kingswood at the Don's ground and they were instrumental in the 6-4 victory.

Jess Firman wrote a match report which captures the spirit of the day: 

The game was played at the amazing MK Dons Stadium. All of us girls were nervous but very excited.

When we arrived we got changed into our team kit in the main changing rooms and walked out on the pitch, led out by the match officials. Both teams and officials stood in the middle of the pitch and the National Anthem was played (it was like a real cup final).

Another heart stopping game from the top two teams in the league. Kettering had a strong first half, good passes in defence and midfield to striker Erin McNamara who put great passes into Chloe Rowlatt and made that ball hers, then a fantastic goal passed the goal keeper. Then Chloe scored 3 more spectacular goals. Corby kept their heads up and scored 2 past the Kettering goalkeeper stranded in such large goal.

Half time the score was 2 - 4 to Kettering. Both teams had a team talk in the changing rooms before returning to the pitch for the second half.

The second half started with a Corby kick off. Erin and Chloe went to attack the ball. This lead to Erin passing a great ball to Chloe who scored Kettering's 5th. Ocean had a collision on the pitch after a great run and had to be subbed with Megan Aston and Neave Coleman came off for Amy Hewitt and Megan Wikinson came off for Bethan Wright.

Victoria Firman controlled the ball and made excellent passes to Megan Aston. Megan crossed the ball to Chloe then she scored, Kettering lead 5-3. Corby Kingswood continued to battle and they managed to scored 2 more goals past the Kettering's keeper.

Jessica Firman, Kettering's keeper  did some fantastic saves. 1 minute left til full time. Everyone was passing accurately to get the ball up to Chloe.

Chloe took the ball past Corby's defence and smashed the ball in the top corner of the net and then the final whistle blew. A great performance from both teams.

The final score: Corby Kingswood 4 - 6 Kettering Town.