We encourage you to seek help if you are upset or worried about something. We believe that
- We all have the right to feel safe all of the time
- We can talk with someone about anything, even if it feels awful or small
We all work together at Kettering Science Academy to help with any problems you may have in or out of school.
There are a number of ways you can seek help if you are worried:
- You have a tutor who you meet every day
- You can email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of staff will speak to you
- The school has 20 Anti-Bullying Ambassadors trained as part of “The Diana Award - Anti-Bullying Ambassador” programme. Look here for more information.
- The Student Support Officers are also available in the wings throughout the day
- There is a weekly drop in with the School Counsellor and the School Nurse that you can go to. please see the timetable below.
- You have a Head of Year who you can speak to, they are usually in the wings before school.
- The school has a full time Safeguarding Officer, Mrs Chapman.
- Some of you have a Learning Mentor or member of the SEN Team you can seek support from
- Get friendly and helpful advice by texting the NHS School Nurse on 07507 329 600
- Chat Live to CAMHS live at www.nhft.nhs.uk/CAMHSLIVE
- Youth Works Crisis Cafe, please see the poster below
- Remember the Five Ways to Wellbeing https://www.mind.org.uk/workplace/mental-health-at-work/taking-care-of-yourself/five-ways-to-wellbeing/
You are not alone. Please reach out to someone - we will do everything we can to help.
Outside of school you can seek advice from:
- https://www.childline.org.uk/ or telephone 0800 1111
Please speak to someone – together we will do what we can to help.